Saturday, June 27, 2015

MECH: AGE OF STEEL is coming...

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that i freaking <3 giant robots.

I've been a mecha-head since I was a little lad, and that love of cool hardware truly blossomed when I discovered anime in my teens. Thanks to shows like Robotech, Mobile Suit Gundam, Metal Armor Dragonar (and later Patlabor, Martian Successor Nadesico, Neon Genesis Evangelion and others) I've kept alive that heavy metal thrill, kindling the flame anew when Pacific Rim rolled out.

So, naturally, when I heard that the gang over at Ragnarok Publications were assembling a new anthology dedicated to such things, I could not sign up fast enough.

I worked with Ragnarok on their previous short story collection about gigantic destructive things, Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, and now I'm stoked to be joining an all-star crew of authors for Mech: Age of Steel - an anthology dedicated to giant robots of all kinds. Check out the awesome cover art by Victor Adame below...
 

Edited by Tim Marqutiz and Nick Sharps, along with me M:AoS will feature stories by Kevin J. Anderson & David Boop, Jody Lynn Nye, Graham McNeill, Peter Clines, Jeremy Robinson, Martha Wells, Jeffrey J. Mariotte & Marsheila Rockwell, Ramez Naam & Jason M. Hough, J.C. Koch, Jeff Somers, Matt Forbeck, Anton Strout, Bill Fawcett, C.L. Werner, James Ray Tuck, Jr.,  M.L. Brennan, Timothy W. Long, Jennifer Brozek, J.M. Martin, Kane Gilmour, Paul Genesse, Patrick M. Tracy, Andrew Liptak, Steve Diamond, Shawn Speakman, Mark Teppo and Mallory Reaves.

Mech: Age of Steel powers up later this year as a Kickstarter project, and there will be a bunch of neat perks and stuff for backers to get their hands on.

Check out the official Ragnarok Publications page Here and watch the skies for more info in the weeks to come...

Mecha! Hasshin!

No comments:

Post a Comment