Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The EXILE soundtrack

Back when I was working on my novel Nomad, one of the things I did was put together a playlist of choons that were in one way or another, inspirational for story and characters.



The folks over at The Civilian Reader blog hosted a post I wrote about that mythic soundtrack album for Nomad, and a year later, with Exile - the second novel in the Rubicon series - out in bookstores, I thought I'd drop the beats that helped me write it. 

As I said when talking about Nomad; "writing a book isn’t just the writing of the book; there’s also the time spent wrangling ideas or thinking stuff up. I find pacing out the kilometers on the runner at the gym is a great place for this, usually with a loud and driving playlist in my earbuds to propel me along."

So crank the volume and listen up...

Track 1 -  "EXILE anthem" - Jungle - X Ambassadors


Track 2 - "Lucy's Theme (Book II Version)" - Voodoo Child -  Brick+Mortar


Track 3 - "Kurjak Stakeout" - Rise - Craig Armstrong  
 


Track 4 - "Black Site Escape" - Easy Action - Boom Boom Satellites
 


Track 5 - "Dubai Chase Part I" - Speed - Paul Oakenfold
 


Track 6 - "Dubai Chase Part II" - Ready Steady Go [Remix] - Paul Oakenfold
 


Track 7 - "Mogadishu Jump" - Missile - Dorothy
 


Track 8 - "Shell Game" - Run - AWOLNATION


Track 9 - "Into The Caverns"- Loaded Gun - Hednoize
 


Track 10 - "Outro (Book II Version)" - Absurd (Whitewash Edit) - Fluke
 


Track 11- "EXILE End Credits"- Collapse - Saosin


 

Exile is out now in supermarkets, all good bookstores and online retailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment