Thursday, January 14, 2016

2K15 Movies

The fun never ends here at Red Flag, as I desperately try to quantify the passage of my years with lists of things; today's vision of months past takes stock of all the feature films I absorbed, good, bad and indifferent. And there were plenty of all three, let me tell ya.

There were a lot of challengers for the bottom slot this year, it seems. Some flawed gems like Tomrrowland and Interstellar, others just plain flawed. Terminator, Pixels, Gamechangers, Jupiter Ascending, I'm looking at all of you. I'm not angry, just disappointed. But I had a lot of love for Big Hero 6, which was by turns sweet and action-packed. I had tons of nostalgic fun with the bat-shit crazy Knights of Badassdom and Plastic Galaxy. I liked Project Almanac's lo-fi grab for high-concept SF, and Black Sea's tense thrills. But as much as I loved Avengers and Ant-Man, this was the year for Star Wars. So, yeah. The Force Awakens was my movie of 2015. No surprise there, nerfherders.

Here's the full list:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Sweeney [2012], Transcendence, Planes: Fire & Rescue, The Last Days On Mars, Big Hero 6, Taken 3, Knights of Badassdom, 300: Rise of an Empire, Going Cardboard, Atari: Game Over, Olympus Has Fallen, Brick Mansions, Plastic Galaxy, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Avengers: Age of Ultron, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Anomaly, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Robot & Frank, Renaissance, The Equalizer, Spy, Lucy, Terminator: Genisys, Ant-Man, Rush, Red Dawn [2012], Godzilla [2014], A LEGO Brickumentary, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Pixels, In A World..., Blackhat, Gone Girl, Interstellar, The Expendables 3, The Gamechangers, The Interview, American Sniper, Spectre, Project Almanac, Jupiter Ascending, Tomorrowland, Black Sea, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hitman Agent 47, Fantastic Four [2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment