Saturday, January 06, 2018

2K17 Movies

And the last of my annual listicles is a look over all the movies I watched in 2017. Numbers were down a little on the 2016 score, but I was pleased to get out to the cinema a little more than I had in previous years -and I had a long flight to California in August, so that always ends up like a little film festival for me to while away the hours on the plane. I saw a lot of great stuff I really enjoyed - Thor: Ragnarok and The Fate of the Furious were especially tons of fun - and Blade Runner 2049 was the movie I had been waiting decades to see. 

But I have to admit, I feel like I'm getting a little punchy from all the sequels and franchise films out there. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars and the Marvel universe - but I kept grasping for smaller films like Kill Command or Level Up, where I didn't know what to expect. I also feel like there's a lot of movies I saw this year that I need to see again to crystalize my opinions of them. Top pick of the year? Blade Runner, natch.

Here's my full list of flicks viewed:
Zootropolis; The Double; Kill Command; Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; 2 Guns; A Better Tomorrow 2012; Ghost in the Shell [2017]; Fast & Furious; X-Men: Apocalypse; Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2; Elstree 1976; Suicide Squad; The Raid 2; Jack Reacher: Never Go Back; The Call Up; Survivor [2016]; New Police Story; Dune: The Alternative Edition Redux; Inferno; Baby Driver; Spider-Man Homecoming; The Fate of the Furious; Assassin's Creed; John Wick Chapter 2; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Logan; The LEGO Batman Movie; Free Fire; Police Story: Lockdown; The Rebound; Passengers; The Last Stand; Marauders; Blade Runner: The Final Cut; Blade Runner 2049; Thor: Ragnarok; Level Up; Underworld: Blood Wars; Kill Me Three Times; What We Do In The Shadows; Star Wars: The Last Jedi; Good Kill


No comments:

Post a Comment