Saturday, January 10, 2015

2K14 Movies

My last list-of-the-year-end, and it's movies. I got a little more flicks in over 2014 than in previous years. The split between my two favourite genres (action vs. sci-fi) was pretty much 50-50 and top picks for 2014 were (perhaps unsuprisingly for me) the hugely fun Guardians of the Galaxy and the great LEGO Movie, which I found unexpectedly clever and charming. Can I just say, being a Marvel comics geek since the 70's, I am still a little amazed that I live in a world where there's a GotG film (and that there's going to be another one). What with the slate of Marvel movies announced way up until 2019, this is probably the best time ever to be a superhero fan.

Here's the list:
A Good Day To Die Hard, Drive, The World's End, Alter Egos, Cloud Atlas, Cars 2, After Earth, Django Unchained, Jack The Giant Slayer, Shoot 'Em Up, Click Print Gun, Fast and Furious 6, Planes, Despicable Me 2, Man of Steel, Marooned, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The LEGO Movie, Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, Europa Report, Moneyball, White House Down, Kick-Ass 2, Edge of Tomorrow, The Wolverine, Empire of Dreams, The Hunger Games, The Lone Ranger [2013], Guardians of the Galaxy, R.I.P.D., Fire With Fire, Tower Heist, Ebirah: Horror of the Deep, End of Watch, 47 Ronin, The Sky Crawlers, Lone Survivor, R2B: Return To Base (aka Black Eagle [2012]), Death Race 2, Captain Phillips, Death Race 3: Inferno

No comments:

Post a Comment