Saturday, June 30, 2018

The GHOST soundtrack

A month on from the launch of Ghost, the third novel in my Marc Dane series of thrillers, and things are moving apace; I made it on to the bestseller list once more, so I'm sending out a heartfelt thank-you to everyone who picked up a copy of the book.

As is now becoming an annual thing, when I was working on the book I assembled a playlist of songs that provided inspiration for characters, themes and scenes. 


I've done this before for the previous novels in the series - Nomad (hosted over at the Civilian Readers blog) and Exile (here on Red Flag).

Here's what I said when talking about the use of music while working on the first Marc Dane novel; "writing a book isn’t just the writing of the book; there’s also the time spent wrangling ideas or thinking stuff up. I find pacing out the kilometres on the runner at the gym is a great place for this, usually with a loud and driving playlist in my earbuds to propel me along."

Here's the beats that helped drive Ghost...

Track 1 - "GHOST Anthem" - Night Stalker - Carpenter Brut




Track 2 - "Snowboarding" - Song 2 - Blur




Track 3 - "Ambulance Chaser" - Atom Bomb - Fluke




Track 4 - "Drone Race" - Cold Rock the Mic - Apollo 440




Track 5 - "Kara's Theme" - Paint it Black - Ciara




Track 6 - "Lucy's Killer Look/Horizon Integral Caper" - The Payoff - Royale Deluxe




Track 7 - "Madrigal's Story" - Break on Through (To the Other Side) - Josh Mobley




Track 8 - "Infiltration" - The Key - Johnny Jewel




Track 9 - "I Know You Got Seoul/Helicopter Chase" - Friction - Imagine Dragons




Track 10 - "Outro" - Live to Rise - Soundgarden




Track 11 - "GHOST End Credits" - A Hero's Journey - Lazerhawk




Ghost is out now in major chain supermarkets, bookstores and online retailers. For more details click Here.

And if you'd like to read a sample chapter, visit Readers First right Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment