Friday, September 27, 2013

Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters

It's a been a good year for giant monsters and the echoes of fictional mass destruction, so perhaps it is no surprise that a project like the short story anthology Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters came about. The debut release of gung-ho small press Ragnarok Publications, it's recently been the subject of a successful KickStarter campaign, funded to it's launch target and now - with just 9 more days left to go - well on the way to blasting through all of its stretch goals. 

Kaiju Rising has a whole bunch of talented folks writing for it, including my Black Library colleagues Josh Reynolds, Clint Werner and David Annandale, as well as names like Larry Corriea, Peter Clines, James Lovegrove, Erin Hoffman... hell, even Mike Maclean, the scriptwriter behind Dinocroc vs Supergator and Sharktopus, so you know it's gonna be monster-tastic.


When I heard about the anthology, I knew immediately it was something I wanted to be involved in; giant monsters have always been part of my sci-fi landscape, from my first exposure to the kaiju phenomenon as a kid watching my hometown get trashed by Gorgo, and the AMT/Ertl Gigantics model kits that sent freakishly large bug-monsters stomping through cities. Thanks to project creators J.M. Martin and Nick Sharps, I've dusted off my membership card for the Church of Godzilla and taken up the mantle of 'stretch goal' author for the anthology, joining Kane Gilmour, Howard Andrew Jones and Peter Stenson as extra content creators for the project. If the Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters KickStarter can make it past $14,000, I'll be penning an original story based on a popular kaiju franchise.

Check out the official KickStarter page right Here - and you too can help cancel the apocalypse...

No comments:

Post a Comment