Sunday, January 05, 2014

2K13 Games

The next of my year-end round ups is all about games: in the year that a console generation ended and a new one arrived, I’ve stayed firmly rooted in the past. In fact, you could almost say I’ve regressed, because I played a whole bunch of PC games in 2013, despite the fact that my desktop is so elderly now the long-life battery on the motherboard actually had to be replaced in the summer. But I also jumped in with hands and feet on the motion-control thing too, getting a Kinect for my Xbox 360 – which had the effect of turning my non-gamer girlfriend into an instant expert player. Still, I slipped back into my old FPSing habits as the year went on... Here’s the list:

Jetpack Joyride (PS3 version), Mars Rover Landing, Star Wars Kinect, Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports Season Two, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Kinect Adventures!, The Walking Dead, Star Trek: The Video Game, Peggle, Crash Course 2, Karaoke, Iron Man 3: The Official Game, Star Wars Angry Birds, Spartacus: Legends, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Pacific Rim: The Video Game, Defence Grid: The Awakening, 007 Legends, FTL, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Roblox, NHL 14, Titanfall, Redshirt, Chainsaw Warrior, Papers Please, Monaco, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Gunpoint, DmC Devil May Cry, Remember Me, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Batman: Arkham Origins, Star Wars: Tiny Death Star, Pet Rescue Saga, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Metro: Last Light, Saints Row IV, MirrorMoon EP, Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online, Formula 1 2013.

Best of the year? Titanfall impressed the heck (or should that be mech?) out of me, and Blood Dragon was a good romp; on the smaller end of things, I loved Redshirt, Gunpoint and Papers Please, which are all cheap on Steam and well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment