Tuesday, June 19, 2018

You are hearing me talk...to BBC Radio 5 Live

Way back in the distant days of 1988, I started running a pencil and paper roleplaying game campaign that would go on to last over a decade, based on the world of Cyberpunk, a sci-fi RPG produced by R.Talsorian Games. One of my players was Adam Rosser, who has since gone on to become the award-winning producer-presenter behind BBC Radio Five Live's Game On, and I've been pleased to be a regular voice on his show talking about my work in the games industry and as a prose writer.

In this week's show, m'colleague Adam has interviewed me about Ghost, the new novel in my Marc Dane series of action-thrillers, and we talk about the challenges of writing of fiction against the backdrop of a real world filled with geopolitical intrigue, and making the thriller work in a post-Cold War era.

And with the recent unveiling of the first full trailer for Cyberpunk 2077, a videogame based on that original RPG we loved so much, Adam and I could not let the opportunity pass to talk about our hopes for this upcoming release.

Check out the episode here via the BBC Radio Five Live website, which will be available to download for the next thirty days. 



Game On - James Swallow, old school cyberpunk
 

The third book in James Swallow's 'Marc Dane Series' - Ghost - is out now and he joins Adam Rosser to talk about building a technothriller series and then two old chombattas cast a rheumy Kiroshi optic over 'Cyberpunk 2077'...

Click Here to visit the site.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment