Sunday, January 06, 2013

Y2K12 Games



And the final part of my year ending time-wasting review is games, games and more games.  Again, the Xbox 360 dominated my gamescape (helped no doubt by my PS3’s seemingly constant need for lengthy system updates) and I did a lot of first person shootery, channelling my inner need to explode things at regular intervals; but that didn’t stop me from playing a browser MMO where everyone is a cat and finally getting into the Assassin’s Creed series.



Here’s my list:


Medal of Honor (Xbox 360 version), ChatChat, Syndicate, Goldeneye Reloaded, Mindjack, Rage, Binary Domain, Assassin's Creed II, I Am Alive, Sniper Elite V2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Spec Ops: The Line, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Online, Glow Hockey, Star Trader RP, World of Warplanes, Hitman: Sniper Challenge, Sleeping Dogs, Judge Dredd vs. Zombies, Borderlands 2, Dust 514, Crysis 3, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Jetpack Joyride, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, Journey, Deadlight, XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360 & PS3), Dishonored, Motorstorm RC, Joe Danger 2: The Movie, Hitman: Absolution, Assassin's Creed III, The Unfinished Swan, Pure Chess, When Vikings Attack!, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Call of Duty: Black Ops II



Also, this year was marked by playing a title that was so infuriating and hands-down poor that it has since become my benchmark for bad games; but rather than dwell on that, I’d sooner celebrate the titles I did enjoy – most notable among them the sublime Journey and the tone-perfect action fest Sleeping Dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment