Saturday, January 05, 2013

Y2K12 Movies

Part two of my annual "things I did last year instead of working" survey is all about movies; I saw over fifty films this year, an improvement on last year and, I'm pleased to say, a tick against the New Year's Resolution I set myself to watch more.

Here's the list:
Bolt, Megamind, The Green Hornet, The Social Network, John Carter, Season of the Witch, Sanctum, Limitless, True Grit [2010], The Adjustment Bureau, The Ghost, Priest, Battle Los Angeles, Ironclad, Tomorrow When The War Began, Super, Fast Five, Sucker Punch, Ghost Recon: Alpha, The Avengers, The Eagle, Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Munich, The Incredible Hulk, The Expendables, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Deja Vu, Super 8, The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, The Raid, 13 Assassins, Up In The Air, Inception, Attack the Block, Real Steel, Chronicle, Haywire, Wrath of the Titans, The Bourne Leagcy, Toy Story 3, Puss In Boots, Lockout, Killer Elite, Dredd, Indie Game: The Movie, The Amazing Spider-Man, Prometheus, Battleship, Treasure Planet, Immortals, Apollo 18, In Time, Total Recall [2012], The Expendables 2, The Dark Knight Rises, The Losers, Skyfall.


Once again, my tastes for SF, action and stuff-blowing-uppery are fairly self-evident; my best of the year were all comic booky – The Avengers, Dredd and Crucible were great, and I also have to give it up for Indie Game: The Movie, which I found funny, touching and painfully true in equal measure. (And for the record, Hollywood? I kinda liked Battleship and John Carter...)


No comments:

Post a Comment